When it comes to healing our bodies, it’s fair to say that the majority of people around the world like to use a combination of both orthodox and traditional medicines in order to achieve a sense of physical and mental wellness.
Acupuncture in Brisbane South is something that has grown in popularity year after year, with many people turning to this ancient remedy in order to search for healing that they might not be finding in things like tablet painkillers or physiotherapy.
If acupuncture is something that has interested you but you have never gone all the way to having it, then here is some information from the team at Acupuncture Brisbane about the history of it that might help to make your mind up.
- Acupuncture is the practise of gently placing small needle on certain pressure points in the body to help relieve symptoms like pain, stress and anxiety. There is a detailed and wide spreading map of points on the human body from the top of the head to the tip of the toes.
- Acupuncture is said to have originated in China, with the first recordings of the practise dating back to hundreds of years before what we recognise as the Common Era. This makes it one of the world’s earliest recognised alternative medicines.
- The general belief is that acupuncture can help to address and readjust the energy flow within a person’s body, referred to as their qi (pronounced chee).
- This energy flows through twelve main channels known as meridians, and these meridians represent your body’s major organs and major functions. When all of these channels are clear, your body is going to be at its very best.
- The popularity of acupuncture declined from the 20th century onwards as people started to adopt more Western ideas about medicine and healing, but since the 1970s, it has been established as a viable and effective form of alternative treatment for people all over the world, not just Asian countries.
So, if you are interested in having acupuncture in Brisbane South, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
A member of the trained and experienced team will always be on hand to answer any questions that you might have.
We can recommend lots of different types of treatment based on the specific ailments that you are experiencing.
We look forward to hearing from you!
For more acupuncture information, read our previous blog on the history of acupuncture.